Thursday 17 January 2013

Make up: What I use on my face

Hello my Darlings!

I'm currently sat in one of my politics lectures, and I was thinking about what I could do next for you!

So today, I'm going to talk about my foundation routine and what I use :)

Firstly, I want to highlight my skin. I am extremely paled skin with most foundations leaving me with the dreaded orange tint so finding a affordable pale foundation is ridiculously hard to find. I also have quite dry skin, and a sort of oily nose (I think, could just be shiny!) so I always use liquid foundation :)

Before I apply make up

Before I even pick up my make up brushes I cleanse, tone and moisturise my face. For this, I use an Almay cleanser, Dermalogica toner and the Soap and Glory feel good factor moisturiser. All of these products I can happily say have improved my skin & I have noticed I have less spots! Bonus points for that!

My Products

Primer: The MUA primer - this affordable primer is extremely good! And I feel that it does make my foundation last longer. When I can eventually afford it, I will buy the Benefit That Gal primer as this is my all time favourite primer but since I am on a budget, the MUA primer works great!

Liquid foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation - I discovered this foundation a few days ago and I have got to say I am totally in love with it! And shade 51 is perfect for my skin! It makes my face feel soft, and covers my red blemishes on my face :) happy girly! However, before this I was using No7 Protect and Perfect foundation in calico but I could not afford this.

Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me - although the type of concealer I use doesn't really bother me I really like the coverage this concealer gives! And actually manages to cover up my dark circles around my eyes. What's more, the concealer is extremely affordable!

Setting powder: No7 Pressed powder - I generally just use this to take away the shine of the foundation & to 'smooth' out my skin. The shade I use is translucent :)

Foundation Brush: Elf Stippling brush - before I discovered the stippling brush I was addicted to using sponges. But, then I saw many reviews on this brush and with the brush being so affordable, I just had to try it! And I'm so glad I did! The brush helps me achieve my a flawless finish and I have completely fell for it!

I hope you enjoy this my darlings! And let me know what you would like me to do next, or if you recommend any foundations!

Lauren

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment